#Ploughing19: all you need to know about our favourite time of the year!
10 September 2019
It’s that time of the year again: farmers all over the country are getting ready for the 88th National Ploughing Championships. This time, the exhibition will take place in Co. Carlow and our sales team will be with you to meet your needs on the wide range of products we sell, our stockholding and our manufacturing capabilities. But, before that, we are of course more than happy to give you all the information you need to get the most out of the #Ploughing19. See our top tips below:
- Get your tickets: The National Ploughing Championship assembled 1.700 exhibitors, over 300 competitors and more than 240.000 visitors last year. With so much to see and to do, you better get your tickets ready! Visit their website and get them online from €20 or call 059 86 25125 (please note 10% booking fee applies to tickets purchased over the phone).
- Prepare your journey: with so much to see and so little time, you better take notes of the unmissable events and the stands that you really want to see/visit. Luckily for us, the NPA website hosts a list of the events per day, with detailed times and locations. Be wise in your choices to not miss the machinery demonstrations, the plough classes, the seemingly unlimited food trails, the bread and cake baking competitions and the music and dance presentations, among others. Another handy link is for their traffic plan, with valuable tips on which route should you take, depending on where you are travelling from in Ireland.
- A Green Elephant: a full day at the Ploughing will mean that by the end of it, you are tired of walking. That's why remembering exactly where you have parked your car is incredibly important. Make a note of which carpark you leave your car with your number, colour and animal before heading off for the day or take a picture of your location. You really do not want to discover that you need to find the Brown Rhino instead of the Green Elephant.
- Check the forecast!: plan for rain and sun and wind. We’ve had glorious sunshine and pouring rain at the Ploughing, so, bring the raincoat, and in case the sun does decide to shine, visit our stand to get your free sunglasses, courtesy from your friends here at Abbey Seals!
- Wear your wellies! We are never sure if the weather will be good or bad, but with more than 240.000 visitors, we are sure things will get muddy. Comfy shoes are highly recommended, but wellington boots are almost taken as an official uniform at the Ploughing.
- Get ready to try all the food you can! It wouldn’t be the #ploughing2019 without the endless food trucks. Get ready to navigate around and pick plenty of samples and choose from a great variety of artisan food exhibitors. Be patient, the queues will be long, but we are sure they will move faster than your appetite.
- Support local businesses: take some time to visit some SMEs exhibitors. With sectors including food, clothing, ag-tech products, farm safety equipment, board games, sportswear, skincare and others, you’ll undoubtedly discover amazing ideas and get to know great business owners from your area and beyond.
- Don’t get lost!: we have seen this before: each part of your group wants to visit a side of the fair, your phone battery dies, and lunchtime is around the corner. You are there, alone in the middle of thousands of people dying to find your friends and grab a bite to eat. Our main tip here is to arrive at the #Ploughing2019 and designate a meeting point and some schedules for it, in case you get lost. It seems very old school, but don’t separate from your group without a meeting area for you to find each other later.
- Share everything! with so many exciting things to see on three unforgettable days, make sure you have your camera on you to take as many pictures and videos as you can. The official event hashtag is #Ploughing19, in case you feel adventurous to share all of your clicks on your favourite social channel.
- Visit us! Jason, Mark and Martin are our sales team this year and they will be at #Ploughing2019 to assist you with any query, offer our freebies and great deals on our o-ring kits and seal tools. Make sure you save some time to drop by at the stand 536, row 1, block 23 to say “Hello!”. You’ll be more than welcome!