Abbeyseals.ie Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site. Please read carefully and feel free to print a copy for reference.
- Pricing & content
- All prices are shown in € euro and include VAT but exclude any delivery and credit card transaction charges.
- All prices on our website are Web Exclusive Prices. Prices and stock levels in our Dublin & Cork offices & trade counters may vary.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
- Please note that prices may go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your order is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- Please note that this site may include inaccuracies, incorrect pricing or typographical errors. Whilst every care has been taken to avoid these please understand that they can occur. We will endeavour to rectify all errors as soon as possible but will not be held liable in the meantime. In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any goods you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and it has not been dispatched we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
- Payment can be made by most major credit or debit cards via Paypal.
- We reserve the right to apply surcharges to payments made by credit cards to reflect the transaction charges levied by the respective credit card companies.
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created.
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- We deliver to any address in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK. (See our delivery page for further information on pricing and delivery timeframes).
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- We operate a Next-Day delivery service for all of Ireland (32 counties) and a 2-day delivery service for the UK.
- Customers will be notified by email to confirm when their order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
- Currently we do not offer the facility to book your own delivery timeslot as these are allocated by our transport partners’ automated route planning system.
- Someone must be present at the delivery address and able to accept the goods upon arrival of the delivery vehicle.
- Once the delivery has been accepted at the delivery address you have a duty of care for the goods.
- Damaged and Faulty Goods
- If your goods are damaged or faulty, we will replace the goods free of charge.
- Do not use any damaged items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Damaged goods must be reported within 24 hours of delivery.
- In the event that goods are received in a damaged state please retain the product together with any packaging and contact us within 24 hours of receipt with photographic evidence.
- In the case of an item being faulty we may require an inspection to be carried out on the item. This is so the nature of the fault can be ascertained before we can arrange for a replacement.
- Unwanted Goods
- Do not use any unwanted items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- If the packaging and/or security tape has been broken, we will deem this an acceptance of goods and the item is non-returnable and non-refundable.
- You have a statutory right to return unopened goods up to14 days after receiving your order (“the cooling off period”). You must notify us of your wish to cancel within 14 days, starting the day after delivery.
- You must return the goods via your own means (to abbeyseals.ie, C/O Abbey Seals International Ltd, John F Kennedy Road, JFK Industrial Estate, Dublin 12.).
- You have a duty of care while the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
- The goods received back are ‘as new’ but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- The returned products are missing their original packaging.
- The cancellation was requested after the 14 day notification period.
- We do not accept returns and will not provide refunds under the following circumstances:
- The goods you wish to return are in any condition other than ‘as new’.
- The goods have been installed and/or used.
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 7 working days of the cancellation date.
- Accuracy of Product Information
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer’s documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
- We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Data Security
- We will endeavour to take all possible reasonable care to keep all details of your order and payment secure. However in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
- Accessing our site
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. You may not use our site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You may not use our site to disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive threatening, harmful, vulgar obscene or otherwise objectionable material.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Reliance on advice
- Information on our site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Information contained on our site does not constitute an offer to sell goods or services.
- Our Liability
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Viruses & Hacking
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, inflammatory, distasteful, controversial, sexually explicit or which infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links from our site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at the address shown below.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Abbey Seals International Ltd
John F Kennedy Road
JFK Industrial Estate
VAT Reg. No.: IE 9776240F
Company No.: 110912